COMMUNITY AND INDIVIDUAL SUPPORT
In some cases, individuals live by themselves, with a family member, relative or friend in the community but need some level of assistance. HIRRS provides counselors who visit individuals in their home or other locations in the community in order to provide support and training.
- Supports may include:
- Shopping or accessing stores
- Meal planning and preparation
- Scheduling and attending medical appointments
- Participating in recreational and life enrichment activities
- Organizing a home or office
- Attending college or adult-learning opportunities
- Obtaining or maintaining benefits such as Social Security, Medical Assistance, Food Stamps, etc.